Today Microsoft finally roll feature update for Windows 10 version 1909 aka November 2019 Update for everyone. And as announced before this time Windows 10 version 1909 update will come in the form of a cumulative update (Service pack) that focuses on performance improvements, enterprise features, and quality enhancements and end-users will be able to install it over top of the Windows 10 Version 1903.
That means Devices running Windows 10 May 2019 Update will be able to quickly upgrade to the new release as a regular monthly update like the monthly cumulative updates Microsoft usually releases.
Windows 10, versions 1903 and 1909 share a common core operating system and an identical set of system files. As a result, the new features in Windows 10, version 1909 were included in the recent monthly quality update for Windows 10, version 1903.
How to Get Windows 10 1909
Microsoft notes: “Windows 10 November 2019 Update is now available for users on the most recent versions of Windows 10 who seek the new update via Windows Update.” That means you can grab the update manually checking for updates. Well before that make sure windows 10 KB4524570 installed on your PC that prepares your Device for November 2019 update version 1909.
- Press Windows + I keyboard shortcut to open the settings app,
- Click on Update & security than Windows update,
- Here you will notice an optional update available “feature update to windows 10, version 1909”
- Click on download and install now to get the update form Microsoft server,
- As per Microsoft Windows 10 version, 1909 will only take minutes to install
- Once the download process completes, you need to restart your PC to apply the changes.
- After that run winver command to check the current Windows 10 version and OS build number.
If you follow these steps and do not see “Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909” on your device, you might have a compatibility issue and a safeguard hold is in place until we are confident that you will have a good update experience.
Note: If you are running an older version of Windows 10 1809, you need official media creation tool Windows update assistance to upgrade the latest Windows 10 version 1909.
Here on this video Microsoft team explains Windows 10 November 2019 update feature and how to get it now.
Windows 10 1909 ISO download
Well, Windows 10 November 2019 Update (Version 1909) ISO image file also available for download. Here we have links to download the latest Windows 10 version 1909 ISO direct from Microsoft server.
Windows 10 1909 Features
Microsoft has aimed the Windows 10 1909 (Code name) 19H2 release primarily at enterprises, but a few potential features from recent builds are intriguing More control over notifications, Creating calendar events from the taskbar, an updated file explorer search that brings in local and cloud based files and more.
- You can now quickly create an event straight from the Calendar flyout on the Taskbar.
- Third-party digital assistants will be able to activate above the Lock screen using voice commands.
- A “Manage notifications” button has been added to the top of Action Center that launches the main “Notifications & actions” Settings page.
- The navigation pane on the Start menu now expands when you hover over it with your mouse to better inform where clicking goes.
- Notifications settings under Settings > System > Notifications will now default to sorting notification senders by most recently shown notification, rather than sender name.
- File Explorer search is now powered by Windows Search and features an updated UI that brings in local and cloud-based files.
- Narrator and other assistive technologies will read and learn where the FN key is located on keyboards. It’ll be able to tell if the key’s locked or unlocked.
- Thumbnail previews have been added to the notification settings area to show what is meant by “banner” and “Action Center.”
- Microsoft has also made “general battery life and power efficiency improvements for PCs with certain processors,”
- Enabled Windows Defender Credential Guard for ARM64 devices for additional protection against credential theft for enterprises deploying ARM64 devices in their organizations.