Microsoft has rolled out KB4558998 for devices still running Windows 10 version 1809, October 2018 Update. This is part of the July 2020 cumulative update for Windows 10 version 1809 bumps the OS build 17763.1339 brings minor security updates including other quality improvements.
Note: If you are running the latest Windows 10 version 2004, KB4565503 (OS Build 19041.388) available for your device with security and non-security fixes.
Download Windows 10 KB4558998
This is an important update that downloads and installs automatically. Also, you can manually install KB4558998 following the steps below.
- Press Windows + X and select Settings (Windows + I)
- Click on Update & Security
- Select Windows update on the left-hand side
- Then click on Check for updates button, to allow download KB4558998 from Microsoft server
- Once done you need restart your PC to apply them
Well if you are looking for download KB4558998 offline package then you can get it following link is given below.
Windows 10 Build 17763.1339 Offline Download link:
If you are looking for the latest Windows 10 ISO click here.
Windows 10 1809 build 17763.1339
As per the official Microsoft support site, KB4558998 Addresses an issue with loading browser helper objects in Microsoft Edge IE mode..
- Corrects an issue that could cause lsass.exe to fail and produce the error message “Error in a critical system process, C: \ WINDOWS \ system32 \ lsass.exe, with status code c0000008. The computer should now restart. “
- Fixes an issue that may prevent some applications from printing documents containing large graphics or files after installing Windows updates released on June 9, 2020.
- Improves security when Windows performs basic operations, using Microsoft Office products, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge, Microsoft store,
Security updates to Internet Explorer, the Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows Input and Composition, Windows Media, Windows Shell, Microsoft Xbox, Microsoft Edge, Windows Fundamentals, Windows Cryptography, Windows Authentication, Windows Kernel, Windows Linux, Windows Update Stack, Windows Core Networking, Internet Information Services, Windows Network Security and Containers, Windows Active Directory, Windows Storage and Filesystems, and the Microsoft JET Database Engine.
Also, Microsoft lists known Issues in KB4558998
- you may receive the error, “0x800f0982 – PSFX_E_MATCHING_COMPONENT_NOT_FOUND.” if Asian language packs installed on your device.
To fix the problem the company suggests, uninstall and reinstall any recently added language packs. Select Check for Updates and install the April 2019 Cumulative Update. If reinstalling the language pack does not mitigate the issue, reset your PC as follows:
- Go to the Settings app > Recovery.
- Select Get Started under the Reset this PC recovery option.
- Select Keep my Files.
If you face any difficulty installing KB4558998 update, windows update stuck downloading, KB4558998 update failed to install Check our Windows 10 1809 update troubleshooting guide.
Windows 10 Build 17134.1610
The April 2018 Update (version 1803) is getting update KB4565489 that bumps OS Build 17134.1610. Also, Microsoft has noted ending support for Windows 10 version 1803 home and pro editions. Well, enterprise and education editions receive support until November 10, 2020.
- Addresses an issue that causes lsass.exe to stop working on a terminal server when you enable Remote Credential Guard. The exception code is 0xc0000374.
- Addresses an issue that might prevent some applications from printing documents that contain graphics or large files after installing Windows Updates released June 9, 2020.
- Improve security when Windows performs basic operations, using Microsoft Office products, Microsoft store, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.
- Iimprove security when using input devices (such as a mouse, keyboard, or stylus)
Security updates to Internet Explorer, the Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Windows Input and Composition, Windows Media, Windows Shell, Microsoft Xbox, Microsoft Edge, Windows Fundamentals, Windows Cryptography, Windows Kernel, Windows Linux, Windows Update Stack, Windows Core Networking, Internet Information Services, Windows Network Security and Containers, Windows Active Directory, Windows Storage and Filesystems, and the Microsoft JET Database Engine.
Microsoft is not currently aware of any issues with this update.
- Solved: Windows 10 laptop battery “plugged in, not charging”
- Remote desktop connection not working after windows 10 1909 upgrade
- Solved: Windows 10 100% disk usage on startup (5 Working solutions)
- Windows 10 Settings App Not Working? Here how to fix
- How to use BitLocker Drive Encryption on Windows 10, 8.1 and 7