The Mail app is the default email client in Windows 10, no doubt this is one of the best applications to manage email accounts. And with a regular update, it’s improved dramatically and supports not just Microsoft accounts but other webmail service accounts as well. But sometimes things not go well users report Mail app is not syncing messages, not opened or showing an error. Or Mail and calendar apps just do not start after windows 10 1903 Update. If you are also struggling this problem resetting the mail app might be a good fix for this problem. Here this post we go through steps to Reset and reinstall mail app on windows 10.
Reset the Mail app from the Settings app
- Press Win+I hotkey to open Settings.
- Click on Apps; You’ll be jumped on Apps & features section of the next Screen.
- Select Mail and Calendar option from the list and click the Advanced options.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on Reset button.
- Doing this, all the information like app’s data, settings and the sign-in details will be removed.
- That’s all, your Mail app is reset now.
- Launch the Mail app again, enter your email account credentials to sync your messages again.
Reinstall the mail app using PowerShell
If reset mail app from settings didn’t fix the problem here follow steps below to completely remove mail app using PowerShell command and install fresh new mail app from Microsoft store.
- Search for PowerShell on start menu search,
- Right click on PowerShell and select run as administrator,
- Then copy and paste following command below to completely remove the mail app package.
Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps | Remove-AppxPackage
- Restart windows after executing the command.
- Now open Microsoft store,
- Search for mail and calendar app, and select install.
- That’s all open mail app and enter your email ID and credentials
- Laptop won’t boot after update? Here how to fix windows 10 startup problems
- How to fix mouse clicks not recognized on Windows 10
- How to Refresh Windows 10 without losing data and apps (Reset to default )
- Printer Error operation could not be completed (error 0709) windows 10
- Solved: print jobs stay in queue after printing windows 10