Though uTorrent is the fastest and the easiest solution for users dealing with downloads on an ongoing basis, sometimes they complain about some difficulties when using the software. One of them is the impossibility to delete the program from your computer. Once you understand that you don’t need the software anymore and you want to remove it, you see that you can’t find uTorrent on the list of your Windows Programs. Indeed, this is one of the main issues for many users. They can’t remove the application smoothly.
In this insightful review, we’ll share several insightful pieces of advice on how to remove the program from your computer in a few easy steps. You can use one of these methods to resolve this problem.
uTorrent As a Powerful File Sharing Program
First, let’s cover the basics. uTorrent is a free file sharing application that is used by many users. You should know that the program is absolutely free but it supports ads. The key benefit of the software is that it comes with an extensive set of features allowing users to download big files faster. You can easily download uTorrent from rocketfiles.com and test its features yourself.
Now, let’s find out how can you fully remove the program from your device. We hope that our detailed guideline will help you avoid all the troubles related to getting rid of the software.
Uninstall uTorrent Manually
To do this, you should log in with your administrative account first. Once you do it , please, follow the below-listed guidelines:
- Use the keyboard combination Ctrl+Shift+Esc. In doing so, you’ll activate Task Manager.
- Select ‘uTorrent’ process and click ‘End Task’.
There’s a useful piece of advice related to this tip. If you want to avoid any issues, you can also reboot your device into Safe Mode. It won’t allow the activation of third-party apps. When you reboot Windows systems, you can proceed to normal uninstallation.
Use the Control Panel
This is another method, which you can use to remove the software from your device. Our guidelines are mostly for Windows 7 users. You need to follow these steps:
- Click “Start Menu”, then find the “Control Panel’ – “Program”. As a result, you’ll open Programs and Features panel.
- Find uTorrent, right click and press the “Uninstall” button.
Have a look at this image and you’ll understand what we mean. If you use Windows 10, you have to do the following:
- Open the “Start” menu, then “All apps”. Take a detailed look at the list and find uTorrent.
- Right click on it and choose Uninstall.
- You’ll see a pop-up window with the uTorrent Installation wizard. Find the button “Uninstall” and click on it.
- When you see that the installation process is complete, you need to restart your computer.
Once you do this, you can check the “Program” menu; you’ll see that the program is deleted.
Delete uTorrent Using Built-In Uninstaller
It’s an alternative method, which can also help remove the software. When using it, you need to follow these steps:
- Use the keyboard combination Windows+E.
- You’ll open File Explorer.
- Find the installation folder of the program. It is usually located in Program Files.
- Find the file uninstall.exe.
- Double click on it. As a result, you’ll open the program. Now, you just need to follow the recommendations of Wizard and you’ll uninstall it.
Delete All uTorrent Leftovers in Disk
After you delete the software, you also need to remove leftovers. This process takes a few minutes only.
- Open the “Start” menu, then click “Run”
- Choose “regedit” and you’ll open Registry Editor.
- You’ll see a pop-up window, asking you to confirm your action (press “Yes”).
- Use the keyboard combination Control+F and you’ll open the Find box window.
- Find uTorrent file there and hit Enter.
- Press on the keys and delete it.
Accept our congratulations, you have finally uninstalled uTorrent from your device. However, this process requires some time and efforts. If you are searching for a faster solution, you can use any multi-featured uninstall program.