Did you notice Outlook 2016 not responding, Outlook stuck on a screen that simply says “Processing” Or Outlook hang, freeze, or stop working when you’re opening a file or sending an email message? A number of users report issue outlook 2016 stuck on loading profile for more than 60 secs. After it is connected, sometimes is normal or sometimes its horrible, outlook completely freezes. There are a number of possible reasons for Outlook to behave this way. Here we have potential solutions to fix Microsoft outlook 2016 won’t load profile or freezes etc.
Outlook 2016 stuck on loading profile
If outlook not opening or stuck loading profile the first thing you have to start Outlook in Safe Mode and verify whether issue re-occurs.
- Close outlook (if running)
- Press Windows + R, type Outlook /safe and ok
Check if outlook started normally and it works as expected in safe mode, then Add-ins probably causing the issue.
Disable Outlook Add-ins
Disable the add-ins by following steps mentioned below to determine if the problem causing add-ins.
- Click on the File menu, click Options > Add-ins,
- Now, Beside Manage select COM-Addins and click on Go.
- Check if there are add-ins listed, clear the checkbox.
- Close the Office program and restart it.
- Enable each add-in one at a time, restart the Outlook, and repeat the above procedure.
- If the issue reappears again, it will help you to determine which add-in is causing this issue.
Update Microsoft office
Outlook works best when it’s up to date. Microsoft always setting Windows Update to automatically download and install recommended updates. Bug fixes, new features, and performance enhancements are released regularly. Also, check for and Install Office updates following steps below.
- Open any Office app, such as Word, and create a new document.
- Go to File > Account (or Office Account if you opened Outlook).
- Under Product Information, choose Update Options > Update Now.
Repair your Outlook data files
This is another effective solution that most probably fix the problem if the outlook data file corrupted or have an error.
At first, Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15
It depends on your office version. I’m using office 2013, So i have chosen 15. I’m using 64 bit PC and my office is 32 bit. So, I had to go to Program Files (x86). Sometimes, You may need to choose only Program Files.
Scroll down and look for SCANPST.EXE, Right click and select run as administrator
Select the pst files from here C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook.
Click on Start to scan. If you see the repair button. Click on it.
I hope It will resolve our problem.
Create a new user profile
Your profile stores a variety of settings that control how Outlook looks and feels. You can create a new profile and then add your email accounts to the new profile.
- Close Outlook, if running
- Choose one of the following:
- In Windows 10, choose Start. Type Control Panel and press Enter. Choose User Accounts > Mail > Show Profiles.
- In Windows 8, open the Apps menu, choose Control Panel > Mail > Show Profiles.
- In Windows 7, choose Start > Control Panel > Mail > Show Profiles.
- Choose Add, and in the Profile Name box, type a profile name, and then choose OK.
- Enter an email address and a password for the primary email account you use in Outlook and then walk through the steps to create the profile.
- Once the profile is created, on the Show Profiles dialog, choose Prompt for a profile to be used.
- Start Outlook and choose your new profile.
If creating a new profile solves your issue, you can return to the Show Profiles dialog and delete your old profile.
Repair your Office programs
Still need help, Outlook freezes, and stuck loading profile? Repairing your Office programs can resolve issues with Outlook not responding, hanging, or freezing. Errors in Office files are repaired automatically.
- Quit any Office programs that are running.
- In Control Panel, choose Programs and Features.
- In the list of installed programs, right-click Microsoft Office 2016 or Microsoft Office 2013, and then choose Change.
- Now, You can choose any of these following options: Quick Repair & Online Repair. Then, Click on Repair.
- I suggest at first try quick repair. If it fails, Try another one.
Now restart windows and open Outlook again, check the Outlook not loading, or freezes not responding problem resolved. Also read: